What and how did Chelsea play in 2020? Did they achieve any records? Did the Blues expect a lot from them? Was their play impressive enough?
Under Frank Lampard’s management, Chelsea FC has been soaring through the field for a year. The fans have been waiting eagerly for them to score. The leagues in 2019-2020 were not that great for Chelsea. Also, the Blues would surely want to brag about their wins!
Details on the Chelsea FC Team:
The players who played for the 2019-20 season were:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga
- Antonio Rudiger
- Marcos Alonso
- Andreas Christensen
- Danny Drinkwater
- N’Golo Kante
- Ross Barkley
- Tammy Abraham
- Ruben Loftus-Creek
- Willy Caballero
- Tiemoue Bakayoko
- Kurt Zouma
- Olivier Giroud
- Mateo Kovacic
- Mason Mount
- Davide Zappacosta
- Callum Hudson-Odoi
- Michy Batshuayi
- Christian Pulisic
- Reece James
- Fikayo Tomori
- Cesar Azpilicueta
- David Luiz
- Jamie Cumming
Team Manager: Frank Lampard (July 2019-till date)
Owner of Chelsea FC: Roman Abramovich
Home Ground: Stamford Bridge
Official website: www.chelseafc.com
2019-20 Performance Report:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga was a disappointment. Based on the overall performance, he did not live up to the expectations. Although he was bought at a very high price, making him the most expensive goalkeeper.
- Frank Lampard took over the manager position from Maurizio Sarri last year. Lampard’s popularity and the gameplay is something which has kept the expectation of Chelsea fans still burning. Till date, the FC did not win any league under his reign. His skills were questioned due to his lack of experience as a manager.
- They lost many good players last season, including the transfer of Eden Hazard to Real Madrid FC.
- On the brighter side, Mateo Kovacic did well in the last season.
- Pulisic, being a Chelsea debutant, played quite well.
- Tammy Abraham scored the highest goals (18).
What position did Chelsea FC achieve in top leagues?
- The Football Association Challenge Cup (FA Cup): Runners-up
- English Football League (EFL): 4th round
- Premier League: 4th place
- UEFA Champions League: Round of 16
- UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up
Upcoming Premier League Chelsea Matches in 2020:
- Monday, 14th September – against Brighton
- Sunday, 20th September – against Liverpool
- Saturday, 26th September – against West Brom
- Saturday, 3rd October – against Crystal Palace
- Saturday, 17th October – against Southampton
- Saturday, 24th October – against Manchester United
- Saturday, 31st October – against Burnley
- Saturday, 7th November – against Sheffield United
- Saturday, 21st November – against Newcastle
- Saturday, 28th November – against Tottenham
- Saturday, 5th December – against Leeds
- Saturday, 12th December – against Everton
- Tuesday, 15th December – against Wolves
- Saturday, 19th December – against West Ham
- Saturday, 26th December – against Arsenal
- Saturday, 28th December – against Aston Villa
(The matches are scheduled till May 2021)
What can we conclude from this?
Sorry, Chelsea fans! Maybe this year was not meant for your heroes to shine. Unfortunately, the pandemic caused the cancellation or delay of all matches since July.
The 4th position in the 2019 Premier League was a ticket to UEFA Champion’s League.
Expectations are high as always. That winning goal is always cheered upon. Let us hope Chelsea can get into their best performance at least in the second half of 2020. Chelsea’s premier league performance has been constant, so they just need to level up their play.
Will they succeed in this new season of the Premier League? Their first match of the season is up against Brighton, which is scheduled for 14th September 2020. Well, keep yourself updated on the Premier League to know more!
Find out more info on my blog: