Every player has his own role in a football game, and each of them Is equally necessary, but a defender does a very crucial thing. In a football game, a defender is an outfield player whose primary aim is to prevent the opposing team from scoring goals. They are supposed to stop the attacks.
Here’s a list of the top ten best defenders in the world:
- Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool): This man completely transformed Liverpool’s defense game. This twenty-eight-year-old player is a complete package defender; he has strength; he has speed; he has aerial prowess and leadership qualities. No wonder he is one of the finest defenders in the world.
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli): Napoli somehow managed to keep him for another summer with a release the clause of £150m, although many estimate that Kalidou is at least worth £250m. His magnificent with the ball at feet, his ability to stay calm and focused makes him the player Napoli would do anything not to lose. He is indeed one of the best defenders in the world.
- Gerard Pique (Barcelona): This player probably has an overflowing trophy cabinet with him winning his eighth La Liga trophy along with 11 other significant prizes. He isn’t perfect but knows his job well, and that makes him a defender any team would love to have.
- Raphael Varane (Real Madrid): He can read the game like a book and knows how to work it out. He is a master central defender. No wonder he has won several major trophies in the last couple of years.
- Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City): He joined Manchester in 2018 and has since provided commendable defense for the team. This man isn’t afraid to li his feet where it hurts if he has to and has admirable skills.
- Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid): Although his game isn’t as strong as it once was, it is hard to argue that he isn’t among the world’s finest defenders. His aerial prowess and game spirit are admirable.
- Milan Skriniar (Inter Milan): He was always a good defender, but in the last couple of years he has only gotten better. He has become better at reading the game and is definitely one of the best defenders worldwide.
- Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur): This man knows very well how to tackle one-on-one duels. His strength and aggression contribute to this. He has proven his worth many times in the past couple of years.
- Harry Maguire (Manchester United): He is one of the most expensive defenders in the world and for good reasons. He has displayed his skills at many tournaments and is worth being on this list.
- Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham Hotspur): He contributed to Tottenham’s top-four finish and helped it reach a surprise Champions League finale for the very first time. He is comfortable in both back three and back four. He isn’t at his peak now but remains one of the finest defenders globally.
More facts on my blog: